Look 'n' Stop and Windows XP Shutdown

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by richter, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Must i say, save and run .reg file :)

2. richter

richter Registered Member

Hello,

The only thing that usually is running when I'm shutting down is just Ad Muncher. I do run a lot of programs at once when I'm using computer but I tend to close everything before restarting/shutting down. If this problem repeats again, I can try to run some programs or at least remember what was running and then report it. I can post what runs during boot up and you might want to compare to see if anyone else who reported this problem runs similar programs so you can maybe track some incompatiblity with other software if you're certain it's now LnS problem?

Thanks very much for providing me with current settings. I'll have it saved and run it if problem occurs.

LOL! Thanks for providing me with detail instructions!

3. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

I can confirm this problem. Having it on my Windows XP Pro SP1 Dell laptop. I am waiting for at least 2 mins every time I log out or shut down unless I close down LnS first.

4. FuBaSh

FuBaSh Registered Member

hey Phant0m``, nice fix but are you sure about this setting?

Code:
    "AutoEndTasks"=dword:00000001
    I always thought AutoEndTasks was a String value. If so, then the code should be modfied to this:

Code:
    "AutoEndTasks"="1"
    But I'm definitely not a registry expert though so don't yell at me if anything "unexpected" happens. :p

5. Admiral Lam

Admiral Lam Guest

This problem is definetly not dependent on this program alone. I had this problem with another program and was searching the net for a cure. I ran into this site and just wanted to point out that even though I'm using NOD32 virus scanner, I have this exact same problem.

I can guarantee that it is NOD32 that causes this, as I have also turned it off before shutting down and it shuts down much faster. I haven't found a cure yet and just wanted to mention what Frederic already confirmed about it not being the program itself, but rather something in XP.

Any help possible to this is appreciated. I don't like waiting 10 minutes for my computer to shut down.

Admiral Lam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.