Logs of Web Access Protection events?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LarryV, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarryV

LarryV Registered Member

I would like to be able to get to a log of events that triggered web access protection but cannot find that log. Does it exist?
    NOD32 AV 4.0.474.0

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The threat log also contains information about threats detected by web access protection.

3. LarryV

LarryV Registered Member

Thank you Marcos for your reply. That is not the behavior I saw. The other day I was on a machine infected with a rogue AV scanner. While I was working on it, ESET repeatedly popped up to tell me that it had blocked connections to websites. I wanted to get back to that list of websites but those events did not appear in the the threat log. Can you test this and verify the behavior?
    Thank you,
    Larry

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In this case, web protection didn't log any threat as you actually didn't download any malicious file. Blocked access to suspicious web sites is not logged.

5. LarryV

LarryV Registered Member

Ah... there's the answer! I think it would be a useful feature to track blocking of suspicious sites. Some of them may be sites that users think are safe or actually need to get to. I've found cases of perfectly legitimate sites being infected and have always let the webmaster know of my findings. If their sites are flagged by NOD32 as suspicious, they might want to know about that too.

Thank you,

LarryV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.