Log to syslog

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by picster, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picster

picster Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I just installed "ESET File Security" as an anti virus software on some linux servers to do some tests.

I have the sofware installed on 3 servers and they all seem to be working as intended. I tried placing some eicar (www.eicar.org) test viruses and they all found the viruses.

My problem then is. How do I see if they have found any viruses? I know I can go look in /var/log/esets/ but that is not something I want to do every day. Is there a way to get an alert whenever a server finds a virus?

As it is now, the servers have been configured to log to syslog in esets.cfg:
    syslog_facility = "daemon"
    syslog_class = "error:warning:summall:part"

I have also tried adding "info:debug" but that didn't help, no virus alerts are reported to syslog. Other info, like "debug" and "info" stuff when I restart the antivirus program is reported to syslog, so it is not because it can't log to syslog.

What do I have to do to make virus alerts show up in syslog? Is it even possible? Is there any other ways to get alerts when viruses are found, like email for example?

Thanks.

2. picster

picster Registered Member

I have been looking en different documentation, but can not find anything about this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello picster,

No, this is not possible. You can try a 3rd party tool such as logwatch, ect. We cannot provide support for 3rd party tools.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.