Locked files during scan??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by verra78, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verra78

verra78 Registered Member

My anti virus software keeps saying I have a trojan horse virus called 'trojan horse second thought.B' I have carried out a scan of the infected file and keeps coming back with the message that the file is locked. Is this normal and is there a way to unlock this file so I can rid my system of this trojan?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi verra78,

Welcome to the Wilders Security Forums!

Usually a message about a locked file means that the Trojan is actually running and therefore can not be deleted. Fairly often it can be as easy as going into the task manager (ctrl alt del) and looking for a process that has the same name as the file your AV says is locked... and killing that process off. You could then rename of delete the file, or run your AV again and let it handle it.

Can you tell us what version of Windows you are running, what AV you are using and what the file name is that it says is that infection and locked? This extra information may help us advise you better.

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi verra78,

There is a spyware called 2nd-thought, that somw AV´s might call a trojan (it sure is bad enough).

Could you follow the instructions posted here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    by my esteemed colleague.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.