Lock n Stop - Blank List of Running Applications

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by hellisforlovers, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I just recently installed lock 'n' stop & have been having some problems with it. It often blocks my internet connection, both inbound and outbound, after I've been using it for a short while (e.g., in the middle of browsing with firefox or IE, I get page lookup failures). Sometimes people can't connect to my ftp server (running on a non-standard port), and I test to see if the port is open on the grc.com port checker, and it's closed. The only way I can get connectivity back is to close look n stop, restart it, and then restart the programs in question, and then everything works as before. Grc.com then reports that my ftp port is open and people can log into it... one thing that I've noticed on my setup is that often look n stop doesn't list my running applications in the application manager, and that if I close and restart look n stop, and then restart the applications, often they will show up on the list and connectivity returns.

I realize this is just a shot in the dark, but I was using process explorer from www.sysinternals.com as a task manager replacement, could this be the reason that look n stop isn't monitoring my applications correctly? I've swapped back to the normal winxp task manager, I'll see if I continue to have problems...

I'm using extended ruleset, the wifi ruleset, and the ftp client and server rulesets. I'm running behind a netgear pre-n router, I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem...

Thanks,
    Seth

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

The only case we know about application filtering disabled, is related to the driver installation, and can't be solve by stopping/re-starting Look 'n' Stop.
    So, this is something unusal.

If the problem happens again, please open the console windows and press the Driver Logs button, and copy/paste the content of the windows here or to lnssupport@soft4ever.com

What is the version of windows you are running ?

Frederic

3. I'm running Windows XP. I just had the same problem and the Log tab is blank when I open lock 'n' stop. I'm going to try running with minimal rulesets just to see if I have the same problem (even though I'm only using the standard rulesets off the locknstop website)...

Thanks,
    Seth

4. GoD

GoD Registered Member

hello i am having the exact same problem.. everytime i reinstall LnS it works but after a reboot or in about 10 minutes the application monitor stops working.
    I have the DLL and Application Monitor turned ON only. Internet Filtering is disabled by me.
    Dont know what to do or what the solution is.. have been using it before and all was fine only today it failed me after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 beta build 225 ( note that it used to work fine with KAV 2006 Beta 225)

I uninstalled KIS and reinstalled KAV still doesnt work :(
    The log is empty nothing is there.

Hope some one can provide any help.

5. storm119

storm119 Registered Member

Hi GoD,

Try uninstall KAV/KIS 2006 build 225 and reinstall build 224.

...and see if the problems solve.?

Btw... i think KAV/KIS 225 at some point get conflict/mass-up with LnS "Applications Filtering".

Edit: Uninstall KAV/KIS 225 and use KAV Remove (in safe mode) and try runs Register cleaner before install the 224 build.

HTH

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  6. GoD

GoD Registered Member

@ storm119
    Thanks for your professional reply.
    That definatly was my problem. I switched back to 222b the official beta release to avoid any other problems.

Thanks again.

7. storm119

storm119 Registered Member

@GoD,

You welcome m8 ;) and glad its help to solved your problem.

Btw... this issue i already report to KL Team's yesterday. Hope thier will find the solutions and solve it in upcoming release. Never happens like this before since the earlier pre-beta of KAV/KIS 2006, LnS always work like a charm with KL product..till the 225 build..this issue appeared..

best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.