Lock n Stop Application Filtering

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by playstation201, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playstation201

playstation201 Registered Member

Im a long time Sygate user and intend on using it untill it does not function correctly (Ex WInxp 64 or Vista mabey) or something better comes my way. I took a look at Lock n Stops site last night and noticed it had application filtering like sygate but also has rule capability. I do like the Advanced rules section of Sygate but only have a few rules here and there, nothing too complex. My question is can i use Lock n Stop in a similar manner or is it heavily rule based? I have a NAT router for incomming so im only really interesting in monitoring out going application traffic. I also play alot of online games so that is another reason why application filtering is perfect for me, I would perfer to just set an application access rather then creating advanced rules for every game.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I would just stick with Sygate.. LnS will only cause you pain and you don't need it. Why bother?

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Sygate is excellent, only if you are using a proxy, then I would look elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.