location of full memory dumps?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    i was doing some tests for paragon to try to find out why it blue screens everytime i try restore my windows partition.
    where does windows store the full memory dumps it creates?
    i want to upload it to paragon so they can analyse it and hopefully can reproduce the problem and fix it.

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello lodore.

This is Vista, but it's the same for XP - CP-> System and then this -

1.jpg

You would need to enable the full memory dump from the (lower) drop-down though, as it is not the default.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks Seer.
    i did change it from the default before and it created the dump just didnt know where to find it lol. will have to reproduce the blue screen tomorrow.
    btw im using vista so its definatly the same.
    system root is that direct in C:?
    when i done a search for .dmp files all it found was a .dmp file 0kb in size.
    i saw the blue screen at the bottom say writing the full memory dump to partition or words to that effect and it got to 100percent so i restarted manually since i unticked restart automatically.

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Yes, it is the root of your system partition. Usually C.

When creating a full memory dump, the whole contents of your RAM is "dumped" into that file. So it's quite big and you'll need space. If the dump is still not created, try changing the default location for dumping. A second partition i.e.

Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.