Location? - IE7 Settings, Favorites, History, Cookies

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Aaron Here, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Can someone tell me the specific files IE7 uses to keep personal settings, favorites, history, and cookies?

Thanks

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Aaron Here,
    I don't have IE7, however, in IE6, you can't see some of those IE files unless you set the Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Advanced settings > Hidden Files and folders to Show hidden files and folders.

Say your user profile is Aaron, and after tweaking the folder options, you'll be able to see the previously hidden C:\Documents and Settings\Aaron\Local Settings and inside you'll find several folders, including History. The Cookies and Favorites folders are not hidden and show up in the above location.

Because the Microsoft apple does not fall far from the tree, IE7 can't be that much of a change from IE6, regarding the above. I could be wrong. Let me know if the procedure revealed the files you were looking for.

3. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Thanks - I assume that's also when using Windows XP ...I kind of think that Vista stores it differently!

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup see screenshot for where vista stores temporary files. the blue inked out section is username. you needs to press alt on an explorer window then go to tools folders options,view tab. show hidden files and folders. also untick do not show hidden protected system files or similar wording. change the boxes back once your done.

Attached Files:

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Since I didn't know your OS, I gave you mine (XP) and I'm glad that lodore piped in with Vista's. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.