Load error when booting from restored drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lyle Schilke, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyle Schilke

Lyle Schilke Registered Member

I have been sing a Seagate ST34821A 8.4GB IDE HD to make sure I can restore TI8 images to it using a boot cd. The images are stored on a hard drive on another pc on my LAN. This has been working fine for a while. A few days ago I successfully restored an image to this drive. The image is of a 9.5gb partition with 2.2gb of used space. Now I tried to do the same thing. The image restored successfully but I get a Load error when I boot from the restored drive. Could I be checking the wrong boxes where you select either restore partiton/restore drive? I also tried restoring another known good image but get the same results. I ran a thorough scandisk on the drive and no problems were found, could it still be bad?

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

please tell us the exact error message

3. Lyle Schilke

Load Error!

You must reboot your system

4. Lyle Schilke

I found an old small hard drive laying around. It was big enough to restore the image to. I restored the image to this drive and it works fine. So it must be the drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.