LNS Driver Installation?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Rilla927, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I just installed LNS for the first time, and a pop up came up and said the driver was not digitally signed by Microsoft, I continued anyway. But, ever since the install I get a constant sound of a window popping up in the back ground, (same sound when I got pop up for the driver not being signed) there is nothing on the screen, but the sound is constant for a while, then it will die down for a while and start back up. Is there a fix for this?

I almost forgot about the application filtering. Everytime I restart my computer I lose my application filtered programs, what's been authorized already. I have to start all over again. Is there a way to get around this?

I really like the program and happy I purchased it.

I just need to do a couple small fixes. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

The sound is probably coming from some alerts that are written to the log. You should open the log page to see what is happening and why there are some blocked packets.

For the applications not saved, probably there is an issue when Windows shutdown occurs, Look 'n' Stop is not closed properly and can't save the options properly to the registry. This problem may be emphasized if you are using the service mode start.

You can try to use the following Microsoft utility which solved issues related to Windows shutdown:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

If you want to force the options to be saved, you can simply manually close Look 'n' Stop (disconnect from internet first), and retstart Look 'n' Stop.

Regards,

Frederic

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi Frederic, the FW log I posted under "Can anyone tell me what mt log means" is same log from this issue.

I will give the Microsoft Utility a try, thanks for the link.:)

Thanks for your help, Frederic;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.