LnS and slow startup on Vistax64

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by adynak, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adynak

adynak Registered Member

Last year I installed Windows Vista 64 with Lns. Everything went well for a couple of months, but after that I noticed that during Windows startup, when the LnS minimized windows appears in the application bar, the system slows down for 20-30 seconds: even if I start an application I have to wait until the LnS minimized windows disappears and then the system works perfect.

Is that normal?

Thx.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

If it is really linked to Look 'n' Stop, no it is not normal.
    Did you check Look 'n' Stop logs (maybe it is processing a lot of alerts during that time).
    Also could you run the Task Manager, and check which process exactly is consumming CPU ?

Thanks,

Frederic

4. adynak

adynak Registered Member

During that time a lot of alerts are processed (around 100), but it is more or less the standard number of alerts processed in 20-30 seconds.
    After some attempts I succeeded in opening the Task Manager and it seems there is no thread/process/service that occupies a great amount of memory or compels the CPU to work ... the system is just not responding.
    I also created a log, but I don't know what to look for on it. Could you please explain?

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

If there is only about 100 alerts, this would not explain the problem.
    You can anyway create some rules to avoid these alerts (by blocking these packets silently, or by allowing them) to check if it makes a difference.

Normally you can include your log here in a post, as a .txt file.

It is strange you don't see which process is consumming the CPU.
    Maybe, it is because it starts too late, after the problem occurred. Also be sure to click on the "Show process of all users" button.

Maybe you have blocked an important system application to connect to internet in the application filtering. You can also check what applications are blocked (for instances application like svchost.exe, services.exe, winint.exe...) should be allowed. Select the Advanced Mode in the Advanced option dialog box to see all types of blocking.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.