LnS 205b2

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by trizzipin, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killjoy

killjoy Registered Member

wow you have an answer for every question ! went ahead and did exactly what you said it connects perfectly now.
    One last question since i used to use Outposts build in ad blocking and now i use lns im thinkin about using Proxomitron to do the job, how would i go about making all the necessary changes in rules etc to work with proxomitron

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

One last question only? Damn! LOL

Hmmmm shouldn’t require any change in the Internet Filtering rules….

Also you may want to give Ad-Muncher and Adsubtract PRO a gander at...

3. killjoy

haha yeah i think ive tried those before but a while back but proxo is just more thorough and blocks more and does more things, but i might also give those a try again. why i ask about changing rules in lns is because in past firewalls ive had like kerio you had to change every app to use the ip adress 127.0.0.1 and edit the normal loopbackrule , because proxomitron is a proxy so i have to make those changes in my settings to use that proxy ip adress

4. killjoy

yea i think they have to be changed this is what i found

"The standard loopback allows all traffic with the localhost loopback, and if you use a software proxy you will want to configure the port ranges to exclude any ports used for software proxies, which you will have to make allow rules per program so you don't have the proxy be a hole in your firewall. You can also make separate rules for programs that require loopback access, and not use any general loopback rules."

5. killjoy

ok i hit remove all under the log panel now it doesnt log anything , how can i fix this sry if im being a pain :(

6. Phant0m

When you Empty the Look 'n' Stop Log screen, and you want to see blockings? goto Online Scan like Shields UP!! or www.pcflank.com

7. killjoy

i alrdy tried that its like logging is disabled now.

8. Phant0m

In Look 'n' Stop Welcome screen, what you see for "IP Address:"?

If you made rule-set changes in Internet Filtering screen, you probably done wrong.

Verify "Internet filtering enabled" is checked in Internet Filtering screen.

9. killjoy

my ip adress like always its enabled whenever i do a stealth test i pass it but it just wont log i guess i will just reinstall, all i need help with now is setting it up to use with a proxy like where the loopback rules should go and i forget exactly what to make them and any other steps i need to do to have it set up to use a proxy

10. killjoy

well i feel stupid, i found the problem with the logging i had only taken outpost from starting with the system in msconfig.exe BUT i left the outpost serive in automatic in services.msc so outpost was starting along with lns and stealing all the logs :blink:

Now if i can only get some help with setting lns up to use with a proxy i will be completely satisfied with this long post of questions i started lol.

11. Phant0m

Install that proxy server Software and configure the Proxy server Software and take it from there... :)

12. killjoy

you have to change some of the rules though and since this firewall is a little different i wouldnt know where to place the edited loopback rules i would have to make and then i would also have to edit each app to use 127.0.0.1 as well as other changes ?
    can u pls look at this post it shows how different rules are for a proxy/w.o proxy
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6642367~root=kerio~mode=flat
    because if rules arent changed to be used for a proxy an app can piggy back out because there will be a hole in the firewall.

13. Phant0m

I’m trying to tell you there are no necessary rule additions for Local Proxy server activity… ;)

14. killjoy

Sry for late response,i tried usin proxo along with lns but for some reason it didnt work i even had all the settings changed for browsers etc. But no problem there i tried ad muncher and it works great and no need to set up for a proxy with it! Only problem ive ran into lns so far is when i ran steam for some reason when it was loading up all the servers to join it would block it even though i had it on accept all for the steam app, but i will look into it more. im still getting used to the difference in setting up rules for apps in this firewall though.
    Thanks for the GREAT help phantom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.