Live backups on Linux

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AlexM., Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexM.

AlexM. Guest

I'm using True Image 8.0 (build 879) on Linux with a 2.6.10 kernel.

Every time I try to do a live backup of a currently running partition I get:

"Cannot create the image of the logical drive sda1 because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."

I know that there are no bad sectores on the drive since this is on a RAID5 array with constant monitoring. And there are, of course, running applications on the disk (including trueimage), but I had understood that trueimage would work regardless of whether the parition was in use. Is this not the case or is there something else I should be checking?

I have tried re-installing a few times, and one thing that I have noticed is that the kernel modules do not appear to be getting re-built. When I first did the install, I had to let the installer build the modules for my current kernel. Every time I have tried installing since then, it has not prompted me to create the modules, everything has just proceeded automatically. The reason this concerns me is because I have re-compiled my kernel since I did the initial install of Acronis so it is possible that the kernel modules might not be working correctly.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AlexM.

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server for Linux (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISLin/).

Since this problem is rather complex we need to investigate it more thoroughly. Could you please send a letter with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com indicating that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. She will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.