Little glitch when quarantining without privileges

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cosmo 203, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

In previous versions of NOD32 V3 there was a critical bug, which made it possible for a limited user to remove e.g. system files from their original places by using the quarantine-command in the context menu.

This bug has been solved with 3.0.667. Thank you so far, Eset.

There is still a little glitch (but not critical). If a limited user now tries to quarantine a file, where he does not have write / delete access, there is a small sound; at first I thought, this would be only a hint for the impossible action. But than I noticed, that there opens a message box, which tells about the problem. As long as this box is open (it closes itself after 1 minute), the quarantine-command is grayed out and unreachable (even for files, where the limited user has full access). The (little) problem is, that this message box opens in the background of Windows Explorer (or whatever file manager is used) and there appears no hint at all, that there is a message box open. I think, that the box is supposed to open in the foreground (or perhaps a better solution: a tool tip (similar when a scan has been started automatically).

As I said, no problem at all and not a big issue, just wanted to let you know.

Seen on XP SP3 with German build 667.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'll check it out and fix it, if the problem is confirmed.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  3. Cosmo 203

This bug is still there in the German build 669, nothing has changed.
    In addition to the given description: The quarantined files can afterwards be found in the Quarantine. This means, the problem is the "conversation" of NOD32, namely the fact, that the said message box opens invisible in the background (as long as the NOD32 GUI window is not open).

4. Cosmo 203

The bug is still there in build 672.

I wonder, if you are not able to reproduce such a well described problem or why you promise correction and do nothing about it?

P.S: Do you think, this sounds harsh?
    You are right. The experience with the bug about wrong delete access for limited users with V3, which I posted half a year ago and which took month until it got solved showed me, that otherwise there comes no reaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.