List of blocked addresses/masks

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by MSCP03, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSCP03

MSCP03 Registered Member

We want to specify a forward slash in the wildcard specification for a blocked entry but do not know the syntax.

What I am trying to block as an example:
    *.junk.com/redirect/*

It is the last part /* that doesn't work. It does odd things in ERA to the entered string. It appears the / is an escape sequence character in the regular expression but // doesn't allow a match of / either.

Does anyone know the magic to make this work?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please give us an example of an address that is not blocked with the above mentioned string.

3. MSCP03

MSCP03 Registered Member

Try entering the example given in ERA. It doesn't take that string. It converts it to somnething else. I am using ERA 5.0.242.

When I enter:
    *.junk.com/redirect/*

What is actualy set is:
    *.junk.com/redirect*

Which is not the same thing.

When I enter:
    *.junk.com/redirect//*

What I get is:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you enter the address directly on a client (ie. not via ERA), does it make a difference? I've tried it with v6 and "*.junk.com/redirect/*" appeared in the list. You can also try modifying the string in the xml generated by the Configuration editor and then apply it on a client. At the moment I cannot test it with other products than v6 so I can't tell if the problem lies in the Configuration editor or Endpoint.

5. MSCP03

MSCP03 Registered Member

I can set the string in the client. It appears to be a problem in the ERA Server policy editor. Since I only use the ERA policy editor to edit the policies I am not sure were the policy XML files are located. I was to indirectly edit the XML byt first exporting the marked policy settings, changing the blocklist entry and the importing the XML file using the merge option. This works as long as I don't edit those specific entries in ERA.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.