Linux and Windows on same PC?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by lucygrl, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Maybe running ubuntu in virtualbox would be an easier and more convenient option.

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

My advice would be to get rid of this Wubi install and burn the ISO to a disc. This way, you can have both operating systems, the best of both worlds..and worst. :D Also, if I am ever asked about Linux installations, I always tell others to keep Windows until you know for certain that there is available and suitable software to fit every one of your needs. Many a Linux convert has given up steaming mad because they found out after the fact they could no longer do something as well as they used to.

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I have the English x64: X17-59186.iso (Win7 Pro) from digitalriver, and burned by ImgBurn. It's from a group named "Windows 7 Professional SP1-U ISO". What's media refresh? what's "U"?
    Just scared to use it on win7 which I don't yet understand.

I should not have hijacked this thread. Will start a new one. Just not yet sure where since my main problem is Windows and not yet Linux.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.