Linspire offers free CNR service to users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog [away], Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog [away]

dog [away] Guest

Full story at Linux.com

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

hmmmm. Dog, thanks for posting that. The Linspire Click 'n Run is what separated them from other Linux distros. Makes installing Linux software a snap. It may be time to give them another look, thanks again for posting this!

3. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

thanks dog for the update..:D

4. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I have what I need with SMART, but reading about the opensourcing of CNR sounds interesting. Maybe someday we'll have a universal installer for Linux, so there won't be so many differences in package management making it easier to move from distro to distro.

oh, and thanks dog for the update!

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i don't think it's making installing software easier that makes CNR what it is becuase Ubuntu's add/remove programs is just as easy when it comes to installing and searching for programs

http://www.ubuntu.com/include/testing/flight5/g-a-i-big.png

i think what makes CNR good are other things, like being able to pay for software, and seeing pictures of the software and some other things. making installation easy is part of it, but it's not the whole thing, if it was add/remove programs would do the same thing. here's a picture of CNR

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.