LinkScannerPro Issue?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Baldrick, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Anybody running LinkScannerPro found that occasionally you cannot connect to the web? I have every month or so and the only way to resolve the issue is to use the Repair option that is available in the unstaller.

I have yet to work out why this is happening but can only suspect that the is a bug with the program or that something else in my security setup is corrupting LinkScannerPro or its settings.
    o_O
    Any positive advice would be gratefully accepted.:D

PS. Setup = WinXP SP2 running KIS 7 & ProSecurity 1.40 Beta 3. SpywareBlaster also installed.

2. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Using the latest version and no issue here. Seems that something else in your setup is corrupting LinkScannerPro.

/C.

3. mmiranda

mmiranda Registered Member

I'm using the latest version LinkScanner Pro but i'm not having the problem you mentioned.

I only noticed that since updating to the latest version, Mozilla Firefox sometimes closes down with the error message pointing to "SploitChecker.dll".

4. Baldrick

Funnily enough I have found that starting Firefox seems to take longer than before since installing the latest version of LSP. Wonder if that is also a pointer?

5. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I had this, put a support request in and in days had a patch. No new product release since so either send a request in yourself or wait as it will be fixed in the next version.

Not seen the Firefox connection problem with any version.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Hi Baldrick, I had LinkScanner Pro on my box before it was LinkScanner,back then it was SocketShield. This program rarely gave me any problems till recently. True, support is helpful and most times quick with their responses.
    Then came the new version,I too had many problems with this,no connection to internet, it seemed to conflict with a few other programs also after the new update,that with the occasinal freeze up and then explorer started to crash way to often and I had to remove LSP. I'm not putting down LSP I really liked this piece of security software that was part of my layered defense for quite a while and was sorry to have to uninstall it.
    Just a word of caution thou if you ever decide to uninstall LSP, I did this and lost my internet connection again. I had to rollback to an earlyer snapshot with LSP on so I had my internet and then download Lspfix, uninstall LSP again, checked my internet connection again and it was indeed gone. Ran Lspfix and it foung 15 or 16 problems,fixed them immeditly and I had my internet back with no problems since. Not saying you will have this problem but it may be a good idea if you ever remove LSP to get Lspfix before you do.

7. mmiranda

mmiranda Registered Member

Thanks for the info 800ster.

Just sent them a message.

8. Baldrick

Hi LoneWolf

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that one is or was not alone. I agree with you that LSP is an excellent idea and so I will persevere with it for at least a while longer before uninstalling, but have downloaded LSPfix already...as suugested and just in case.:D

I will try posting a support ticket and seeing what they come back with otherwise it will most prbabaly be 'adios' to LSP...don't know what I will replace it with though.:'(

9. rogert30062

rogert30062 Registered Member

Hi Baldrick,

What else are you running? I, personally, have no issues.

;-)

Roger

10. Baldrick

Hi Roger

In terms of security-related software only what I have identified in my initial post...and the issue seemd to start after LSP's program was last updated.

11. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

LinkScanner had I believe a week or two ago had a corrupt update go out. You can find info on the fix at this link: http://www.explabs.com/support/
    The fix is under the Known Issue part on this page, choose which version of windows you have for the information on the fix. Not sure if this is really retaining to the bad internet connection, but it's worth a try.

12. Baldrick

Hi Eclipse99fwb

Thanks for the information. Have checked it out and it does notseem to have made any difference. A long shot and worth a try. The search for the answer continues.:(

Thanks again.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.