LinkScanner issues

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by OzBoz, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzBoz

OzBoz Registered Member

Hi,
    Today I bought the full version of LinkScanner Pro 2.5.2 and my experiences so far, lead me to the conclusion that the program is complete rubbish. Even thought I have deselected the yellow "risky !!" warnings box, warnings keep popping up the right hand side of the screen, sometimes 4 or 5 at a time, on sites which are legitimate. Google.com nasa.gov even my own ISP and xpl.com to name a few. In addition, my default browser has been changed, and I can not get Diskeeper to stop running. (it's been running in a loop now for 5 hours)

I have noted the comments in the other thread about an incompatibility with NOD32, which I am running, but I didn't see a definitive answer. One suggestion was to uninstall NOD32 then install LinkScanner first then NOD32 but some didn't agree with that. At the moment I am inclined to uninstall LinkScanner and file it in the bottom drawer. That's $30 down the drain.

If there are any issues with installation, as per above, then it was up to xpl to point them out. Not having done that, they have left me with a system that now needs fixing, and the only fix I can come up with, is to throw this rubbish where it belongs.

Not a happy camper, :thumbd:
    Brian

2. Seishin

Seishin Registered Member

Sorry to hear that, but why don't you use McAfee's Site Advisor extension for Firefox? No issues and free.

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

Running LSP on two machines and am not experiencing your probs at all, sorry to hear about yours.
    You are not running the latest version as well.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• xpl.gif
      xpl.gif
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
  4. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Linkscanner Pro didn't work on my Vista partition and it breaks all internet communication so it does have its good sides and bad.

dja2k

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya sure, it,s a must.
    BTW I like LS Pro. I think it,s better than a web AV( http scanner).

7. jb1020

jb1020 Registered Member

Hello Brian,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with LinkScanner Pro.

If you would be so kind as to enter a support request at http://explabs.com/support/form.asp I will be happy to assist you with the issues you are experiencing.

Thanks and hope to talk with you soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.