Links to Forum rules

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dan_maran, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I have looked over the forum and I am yet to find a sticky of forum "rules" I see a lot of posts being edited by mods/admin with a reply something to the effect that "you agreed to the terms of service". So can we have a sticky to these "terms" somewhere? Thanks.

Pardon me if I missed it.

All I have come up with is this:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/TOS-Privacy.html

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That is the main link to the forum TOS, of course, though it does display more prominently when you are logged off the forum...

TOS-1-guest.png

The registration agreement is only visible on the registration screen, but it can be visited also while logged off...

TOS-2-registration.png

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

...as well as the always visible link on the right-left bottom from this place ;)

Attached Files:

• TOS.gif
      TOS.gif
      File size:
      1,015 bytes
      Views:
  4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Ok, now these rules are considered a "blanket", atleast in my opinion, as nothing is essentially spelled out.

I understand that this is "your" forum and you will do with it as you please, but in those TOS and membership requirements it doesn't say for example that you can't post screens of Jotti's/VT/Virus.org etc. Where as in some postings/topics here are being edited for this very reason, at certain people(s) discretion.

I think it would benefit all, including yourselves, to have one main thread of all the relevant posts by mods and admin which explain what is kosher and which is not as sometimes this line seems to be very thin.

For the record I am not one who has "suffered" this fate, but I have seen my fair share here at wilders, and since these "rules" are often hidden from average users, ie. new users or non-regulars this does seem quite a bit like selective censorship.

5. Paul Wilders

The essentials are spelled out - that's far from a "blanket".

It's impossible to formulate all in a TOS - it would take several pages, and would not cover all aspects in the end. Thus, no TOS can and will cover it all.

We won't - for reasons as stated above - it's impossible to define all possible issues in a TOS or a specific thread. Consider our TOS as the main and first rules. Taking it from there, our staff decides wether or not posts/threads are allowed or not. A "shimmering zone" cannot be defined to the letter and has to be dealt with. Our staff will handle this the best way possible.

Sorry to hear you are under the impression our staff is censoring - selective or not. In our opinion, we do handle each and every thread/post/member equally.

regards,

paul

6. dallen

dallen Registered Member

likuidkewl,
    I like to know where the line is so that I know how far I can go. Long ago I inquired into the TOS, much like you but for different reasons. I wanted to use the "official interpretation" against them because I knew that once I cornered the Wilders crew into an interpretation I could dance all around it. I was a disgruntled member at the time. Fortunately, the Wilders crew were smart enough to know that going down the path I was trying to lead them only meant trouble.

It is in everyone's best interest for Wilders to spell out general guidelines while avoiding an all inclusive and ever expanding list of acceptable and unacceptable behaviors.

7. Paul Wilders

Dallen,

Thanks for your contribution - it's appreciated.

That said, and the issue at hand being handled, this thread is closed. In case any member feels the need to address the issue at hand - feel free to contact one of the Administrators.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.