limited user account

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sevenup, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenup

sevenup Registered Member

limited user account

I reformatted my trusty rusty pc.

I set up a password protected account and then set up a limited user account.

I then instaled Returnil (password protected) on my admin account.

I just noticed (weeks later) that my limited user account had been converted to an account with administrative privileges. (scary)

My question is:
    If a hacker has the ability to change something like this why would he/she go through the trouble to do so? They already have control/power over my system so what would be the advantage to the hacker to change privilege?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Curious...., how much activity did you engage in from the Admin level account?

Blue

3. sevenup

sevenup Registered Member

Not very much but I did do several things. I found that I needed adobe. Then I needed a flv player. I only went into my admin account when I needed something downloaded and installed.

I also used my flash drive multiple times. I thought that I had discovered that my flash-drive bypassed admin privileges but now I am wondering if my admin privileges had just been changed prier to me using my flash drive.

I used software that I saved to my flash drive to bypass admin privileges (or so I thought). So I would use software off of my flash many times before I discovered that my privileges had been changed.

Now I am wondering if my admin privileges had been changed prier to me using my flash drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.