Limitations Windows NT/2000/XP

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by PERRYALAIN, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PERRYALAIN

PERRYALAIN Registered Member

In the user's guide of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0, I read in Appendix B.3.4 : "Acronis Disk Director Suite can manage the Windows NT/2000/XP system folders only if they reside on a FAT16/FAT32 partition".
    But on my desktop, Windows XP (WinNT, Program Files and Documents and Settings") is installed in a partition with the File System NTFS.
    So I could not use Disk Director ? except to install again XP in a FAT32 partition ? :( :(
    Thanks for advise.

2. shawn_selig

shawn_selig Registered Member

i don't know if this will help...but i have disk director installed on my xp formatted as ntfs..and it works flawlessly...excellent...

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Yes, I think that the note in Appendix B.3.4 is referring to when you use Acronis OS Selector to manage more than one Windows OS installation. To do this, OS Selector needs to store the system folders for each Windows OS in its special folder; that special folder has to reside in a FAT32 partition.

If you aren't managing multiple installations of Windows with Acronis OS Selector, then this doesn't apply.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Yes, it is so.

Please note that there is no limitation to explore a partition with Acronis Disk Director 10 Suite.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.