Light Virtualization and Caching

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by n8chavez, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have been unable to come to a conclusion as to which virtualization application I like best. I have used Shadow Defender, FileSream Safe Shield (3rd party Returnil for corporate users) and Returnil Virtual System Pro. I am looking for something that will allow me to simply restart my system to eliminate any and all changes that are not purposefully excluded. I want something with only that feature, and to my knowledge the first two on the list are the only options. My question is this, how do this applications affect users with SSDs? This applications have to cache changes somewhere, and then delete that cache when restarted. Would this type of application have a negative effect on SSDs in terms of wear. Should this be something to concern myself with, or am I making too much out of it? Ideally, I'd be able to put the cache file somewhere else, like Keriver . But that's more of an imaging/rollback hybrid.

Safe Seild works but putting all cached changes in a specific pre-determined spot on the master drive. Shadow Defender does this by caching their changes using a driver, called diskpt.sys. But I am unsure where those changes are located.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

n8

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.