Lifetime Upgrade Insurance Policy means nothing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Circuit, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Lifetime license means nothing to CyberScrub LLC.

Here is the contract:

"CyberScrub Lifetime Upgrade Insurance Policy CyberScrub Lifetime Upgrade Insurance Policy entitles the purchaser to receive at no additional charge, future releases, updates and patches for the particular edition of CyberScrub which has been purchased. Insured by: CyberScrub LLC 1870 The Exchange Suite 100 Atlanta, GA, USA 30339 770-951-2080 www.cyberscrub.com info@cyberscrub.com"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Their response:

I checked your product and it seems to be a very old version and is no longer supported. You had purchased sometime in 2004.

Now we recommend you to purchase full new program of Privacy Suite 6.0 which will be compatible on up to Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

Also please note that we had informed all our LUI customers about the cancellation of LUI policy and started yearly subscription module way back in 2008. Please see the following notice we send to all our LUI customers.

September 16, 2008

Dear CyberScrub Privacy Suite LUI Customer,

This letter is to inform you that CyberScrub Privacy Suite LUI will not be enhanced any further. This software build has been extended over time and we have provided upgrades (at no additional charge) for the past seven years. We have been delighted to provide this to you but with changing technology it is no longer possible to continue to support this version. However, as a parting gift, we are providing you with the newly released CyberScrub Privacy Suite 5.1, a $29.95 value.

This new version includes support for Mozilla Firefox 3.x and has resolved all of the bugs reported in Privacy Suite 5.0. We are delighted to offer this to you one more time at no additional charge!
    We truly appreciate your patronage and loyalty!

Please find below the Download and Install Instructions at the bottom of this email.

We wish you to continue having the same protection you have enjoyed in the past. So, going forward, as a loyal customer of ours, we are pleased to offer you a huge discount on our new subscription service. This is a low cost way to efficiently give you the security and protection you have enjoyed from Privacy Guard as new browsers and new applications are released.

This is a must have service with IE 8 and Google Chrome currently in beta release.

As a valued CyberScrub customer, we are offering you a 1 Year Subscription for $14.95, a 25% discount from the retail price of $19.95. This offer is valid until September 21, 2008. To take advantage of this offer, please click the following link:

Thanks,

Your Friends at CyberScrub

Kind regards,
    Support Team.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So they can send a letter I never received and opt out of their contract.

Now can't trust Lifetime Upgrade Insurance Policy.

Here are more complaints:

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cyberscrub-c228822.html

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/busines...b-in-smyrna-ga-6008168/reviews-and-complaints (This Business Is Not BBB Accredited)

https://www.complaintsboard.com/cyberscrub-b120956

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/cyberscrub-does-not-work-test-i-did-394762/

Needless to say they won't see one more penny from me, and I hope not from you.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. SnowWalker

SnowWalker Registered Member

Sounds like they've gone the way of Roboform and Mailwasher, two things I had "lifetime" licenses with free upgrades forever. :rolleyes:

Thanks to fraudulent organizations like Siber Systems (Roboform) and Firetrust (Mailwasher) I no longer trust "lifetime upgrades" and tend to look for free open source software.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  3. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

I have / still use mailwasher 6.5.4. I had a so-called "lifetime upgrades".
    The new version has so much useless candy and the old one works great.
    Cyberscurb is crap,. installing it opens IE, and wanting so many connections (phoning home) . Same for East-Tec Eraser, Identical! Lucky I have good old Macrium.
    Cyberscrub (not the reseller) some crap made in USA, NOT!
    Warning stay away!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I also got stung with roboform and mailwasher,though in both cases i moved on to (imo)better alternatives with sticky passwords and spamihilator.Privazer is probably one if not the best cleaner these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.