lifetime for v4?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Hello, my license runs out end of next month. I had a period of over a year when I could not use my license as I had to upgrade from v3 to v4 when I got windows 7. This was due to firewall issues, high pings loads, of entries of dns poisoning among many others, pc is used for online gaming. All these issues have been resolved in v4 which is working like a dream, however I have tried v5 and the exact same issues have returned, despite me having changed isp and router since my last problems.
    It took 4 releases and over a year to get a v4 that liked my system (without having most of the firewall disabled) is v4 going to remain supported for a while, I notice v3 has gone from the main download page now.
    Thanks.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Thank you for your post. There is no stated end of support for version 4 of our product. Version 3 is still available for download, or here for 64-bit. You can find these links under the "Home Users (previous releases)" section.

Also, please understand that if a specific build is not available for download, that does not necessarily mean that it is no longer supported. The only product(s) we have that are nearing the end of support life, are the ones based on version 2.7.

Should you have issues with version 5, I would suspect that we can make it work with the online game(s) you are playing by developing a more elegant work around than disabling most of the firewall as you mentioned. To get the best support for version 5 when it's released, I suggest that you open a ticket with support.

Thanks,

Matt

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Thanks for the reply, Regards the firewall, I never had an issue with v3 except occasional dns poisoning alerts, I was on 8meg adsl then, I'm on 100 meg fibre optic now with a cable router, I love eset software and always end up coming back no matter what I try. Since v4 went v4.2 it's worked like a dream, on an upgrade to v5 and then a clean install back to my old problems. I sent all my wireshark logs but they didn't really show any conflicts. I am just happy with v4 right now.
    Thanks again.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Right now would be a very good time to verify gaming compatibility with ESET Smart Security v5. ESET's developers are very interested in receiving reports of conflicts with other software packages and the v5 code..

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.