Life After AV: If Anti-Virus is Obsolete, What Comes Next?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Technodrome, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Link to source article: http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1604

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Good read. I'd say what we need most is user education (badly), and for people to not run there computers under the administative account. Those two things would reduce the problems 100 fold.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yep, very interesting read!!!
    Something to read again; thanks TD !

I was glad he mentioned Integrity Checkers, although I have to read that part again.....

4. root

root Registered Member

A couple of years ago there was a French Anti Virus program, that used behaviour blocking. It had no database, instead it looked for virus type behaviour. I used it for a while and found several articles that said it was a technology whose time had not yet come.
    I lost track of it after a couple of years. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of that program, but it did work to some extent.
    Anybody know what I'm talking about and if its still around?
    Also, I am a beta tester for m@ildefense, by In defense and it works great. I guess I don't know what technology its using, but it is not database. There's no updating to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.