Licensed version changed back to trial version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by klavier, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klavier

klavier Registered Member

I have a 3-user license for NOD32 for 3 years starting August 5th 2006 but this morning one copy won't update and is giving the following message --

You have been using this trial version for 43 days after the 30-day evaluation period. Further updates will not be possible. Please uninstall the program, or purchase a full version of NOD32.

The context menu for scanning in Windows Explorer has also stopped working with a similar message.

NOD32 is running fine on one of the other PCs. The third PC is at another location so I'm unable to check it at the present.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and how to fix it?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi klavier, welcome to Wilders.

This has come about because you have the old Trial Version installed, please take the following steps:

Please download and save to your desktop a FRESH copy of Nod32 from HERE

For help with entering your Username and Password please see HERE

Uninstall your current version of NOD32 through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

REBOOT your Computer.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above using “Typical Settings”.

There is a Nod32 Tutorial on how to install and setup Nod32 HERE

Cheers :D

3. klavier

klavier Registered Member

Thanks for the very quick reply.

The PC with the problem was the one on which I ran the trial version of NOD32. This was installed after June 2006 and was directly updated to the registered version by entering the Username and Password, which is supposed to work from what I've read elsewhere in the forum - in fact it's worked fine until now.

At least the other two PCs had fresh installs from a download of the registered version so I shouldn't have to do a reinstall on them.

Thankfully your extra settings are very well documented and fairly easy to apply.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you didn't use a trial version 2.51.26 or newer which brough the new "Full version" button for upgrade to a full version, entering a username and password to the NOD32 update setup panel wouldn't have upgraded it to a full version.

5. stimpee

stimpee Registered Member

Ive had this problem with a couple of the machines here at work and they were not trial versions upgraded. The only version that was, was the trial i ran to check out the app before buying (which ive now uninstalled/reinstalled with the registered version download).

On a handful of the machines, it says the client is so many days over the trial period and counts down until the continue button is displayed. Then I go to the update section and click "Full Version" and it just disappears and changes back to the registered version without asking for a serial.

To reiterate, this was on a clean machine using the registered version (which required the serial and password to download).

The users however, never read the box and just click the "Close" which means that NOD32 doesnt load. It would be better if there was both a "Close" and a greyed out "Continue" then they would know to wait.

Anyway, any suggestions?

6. Blackspear

Hi stimpee, please follow the steps in post number 2 above.

Let us know how you go...

7. stimpee

Thanks, I will but until it happens again on someone elses computer I cant test it so it might be a while. However, its happened on 3 machines already in the past 2 weeks. I think we are using about 20 of our 50 licences already and I'm moving people over from Symantec bloatware so I'll have more machines to test on.

8. Blackspear

Make sure you use the Norton Removal tool before installing NOD32.

9. Djito$

Djito$ Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I' m new in this Forum.
    I have facing problems with my NOD32 Update and I search and find the instructions you sent. I follow them but the usarname AV-1234567 (whitout space) and pass ~Removed - Ron~ dosen't work. Is it possible to assist me?

Thanks in advance,

Djito$

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

They seem not to work anymore. When did you buy the license?

11. Blackspear

Please send your actual license in a Private Message to me, and I will check it. The Username you are quoting (AV-1234567) is only an "example", it is NOT the Username that was provided to you by Eset.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  12. stimpee

Yeah, I already know about that. I don't even trust it so we generally just image the whole HD with a new OS with the NOD32 already registered on there.

One of the users here (unfortunately one thats not always in the office) has the problem of NOD32 I outlined above (Oct3rd) every time he starts his PC which is very annoying, and his machine was from a registered version (non-upgrade) and a fresh XP (without Norton every being there).

Its funny as his is the only PC this is happening to.

13. Blackspear

Does he use a Registry Cleaner?

14. stimpee

registry cleaner? no. why should he? its a freshly installed version of XP and NOD32 registered version.

15. Blackspear

No, however registry cleaners can cause this type of issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling should resolve this, did it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.