License Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vactis, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vactis

Vactis Registered Member

Hello!

I find the system with the license server truly annoying. How I'm I supposed to recover the actual license server with the bootable rescue media when the media is trying to look for the license server which obviously isn't there ?

Is this just a way of trying to make things more difficult for paying customers. Acronis TI Enterprise is not cheap software and I don't expect to have annoyances like this.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Vactis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that in case Acronis License Server isn't available, Acronis Bootable Rescue Media can still work in Demo mode (by clicking "Cancel"), which allows restoring images (same functionality as the trial version of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Vactis

Vactis Registered Member

Well, as far as I could tell there was no option to cancel the License Server search. It was just stuck there and there was nothing I could do. I just hope this issue can be solved with an update of TI Enterprise. I like this software but the License Server is something that makes things more difficult than they need to be. Please make things easier for paying customers.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Vactis,

Please make sure you use the latest build (8163) of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please don't forget to update all installed components and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please clarify, when exactly does the hang occur (for example, right after pressing "Cancel" button)? Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.