License renewed on RAS server but not on clients??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mladen, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mladen

    mladen Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Posts:
    45
    Location:
    Croatia
    Hi,
    I have noticed that my clients did not update their virus signature database since yesterday. My company has renewed licenses for NOD32 (we are using version 3.0 Business Edition) on time and the lic file was successfully uploaded on the RAS server.

    onserver.jpg

    However, there is a setting on the client machines that shows different information.

    onclient.jpg

    I think that this is the reason. But, as far as I know, the LIC file should be renewed only on the RAS server. Clients will get this information automatically. Or maybe not? Should I create a task (if there are any for this) for updating this information? Or maybe, it is not relevant and something else is causing this?

    Even though we are using NOD32 for several years, this is the first time we renewed our license on version 3.0 and things are now a little bit different. NOD32 2.7 did not have such a "problem".

    I forgot to mention that our clients have database signature 3482 while the server has 3485. Clients have version 3.0.657.

    Thanks in advance,
    Mladen
     
  2. nonoise

    nonoise Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2008
    Posts:
    322
    This is from manual: Every time a new license is installed, the ERAS service must be stopped and restarted.
    Hope it helps.

    also. you don't need to put .lic files in clients unless you want to create 'mirror server' on them.
     
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  3. mladen

    mladen Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Posts:
    45
    Location:
    Croatia
    Hi,

    thanks for the hint. At first, it did not help (I have tried this before). Then, I have added the current LIC file on the client on the RAS server (F5->Miscellaneous->Licenses), cleared the content of the mirror folder and then updated mirror again. Now it is working ok.

    It seems that this setting on the clients does not affect update, since my clients are starting to update normally even though they have "expired" license.

    I have also noticed one additional file in the mirror folder for the same version, 3485, which was not present there : mod_compat.mod. Don't know what is the purpose of this file.

    Anyway, thank you for your quick post.

    Regards,
    Mladen

    PS. Sorry, I did not see your last sentence, since I was writing my reply. Thank you very much for that information. That is the reason why it does not affect my clients updating.
     
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.