License renewal troubles

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by christianmlong, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christianmlong

christianmlong Registered Member

I renewed NOD32, got my license email, but the username and password didn't work. I tried copy and pasting, careful typing, Firefox, IE, etc. No dice.

I called customer service.

http://www.eset.com/company/contact.php

(619) 876-5400

Hold time was less than five minutes, and the person on the phone was polite and helpful.

They checked on my account, and they said (paraphrasing)

"Because you kept the same username and password, it takes a day or two for that to get reset on our servers"

What?

I sure hope they find an easier way to renew by this time next year, because if I have to go through this process again, I'm switching to another product.

Has anyone here had the same problem? ESET techs, any insight as to what might be going on?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It already states multiple times it will take around 24 hours.

3. LoPhatPhuud

LoPhatPhuud Spyware Fighter

I renewed mine without issue this past Sunday.

I elected to keep the same account and the password was the same in the email I got. It still showed the old expiration date (2.13.2009) but that was updated the next morning and is now showing the correct date in 2010.

The key success is to renew a week or two before expiration. Then you have time to follow up if something does go amiss.

4. jadgate

jadgate Registered Member

I am experiencing the same issue.

Got a renewal ID and PW, entered them into console, it is still showing an expiration date for later this month, it should be sometime in 2010

Was this resolved?

Jim

5. elapsed

There is nothing to resolve, the process is slow because the change needs to propagate through every single update server. They say 24 hours but really it's around 24-48.

6. jadgate

jadgate Registered Member

We'll-

I've had a case logged with them for 3 days now. Haven't heard back from them beyond the "we got your email" crap. So if this is the level of service I can expect, I'm going to cancel my renewal. At least AVG is free and does just as good a job. I don't need to shell out 40 clams a year to be ignored.

Jim

7. elapsed

You haven't even reached your deadline yet? Why are you panicking so much?

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

this is EXACTLY why we do not use the "keep username" feature for customers who have waited to the last minue (or even past expiration) to renew their license. If the license expires within 72 hours, we grab a new license code because the update delay is disconcerting to customers. If you keep the same username, it WILL take several days to report back to your software what the new expiration date is... that is just the way it works, so we avoid consternation by not using that feature when expiration has already happened, or is imminent.

9. elapsed

I quite like the fact you can renew and keep the same details, especially for licenses on many machines. But I didn't think you could renew and get a new license instead, isn't that an AV only feature? I guess you could buy a new license but then you would be paying full price.

10. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

we have the OPTION to keep the same username and password at renewal - it's not NECESSARY, and sometimes not even desirable.

11. chrizio

chrizio Guest

The same issue here.
    Old license was for one PC only, it expires in few days - coming Sunday. For the next period I purchased in the morning (paid per PayPal, license mail came within few minutes)
    two NEW license keys; This was cheaper then renewing license.
    One for the same PC as renewing.
    Second one for some other PC in the home network.

The another PC didn't ever see NOD32 AV in the past, no one time.

New access data entered into both NOD32 installations.
    Now both NOD32 claim: Your license key will expire soon!
    In the dialog I can see the old user ID. Also on the PC
    where NOD32 AV was not in use until today.

What a damn?

12. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello All,

If you renew your license it will take 48 hours to update the expiration date in your product. This is because we process the sale and your info is then updated in our systems before the new expiration date is pushed out to your product.

Thank you,
    Richard

13. Rmuffler

Hello jadgate,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
    Richard

14. Rmuffler

15. chrizio

chrizio Guest

Thanks, but I think it was my mistake.
    As first, I played something with BIOS settings on the PC where NOD32 is not new. One time windows got start-up problems. Back to old settings. On next start-up windows has automatically chosen something like "last good config". Probably this lead to roll-back of nod32 settings. Actually, the Windows own "last good configuration" IMHO shouldn't lead to config roll-back of any application.

Then on the another PC, to avoid manual configuration to the desired config set I applied the export/import facility.
    Configuration exported on the first PC. Probably exported
    configuration still included old update access date. However, I'm not sure if it was so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.