License Renewal/Invalid Username & Password

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JPM, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hello,

I just renewed my license for NOD32. The old one was good until the 19th but I like to get things done early. However after placing the new username and password into the correct fields in NOD32's update setup, and then trying to update NOD, I received an error saying I have an invalid username or password o_O I copied and pasted them both in right from the confirmation email I received from ESET but they do not work. I placed my old one back in as it is still good for another week and it updates fine. Why will it not recognize the new one? I also noticed that the email says my new UN and PW are only good until Nov 12th 2005, why do I lose a week on that? :mad:

Thanks in Advance

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

JPM

It may take a little while to get your new password in the system. If after a day went by and it didn't work, I would be concerned.
    You can also send the text of your post to support@nod32.com to make sure you get all the days coming to you on your license. You won't lose any time on your license.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

When you copy and paste, please make sure that you are not also copying a "space", I have seen this happen so many times. Nod32 see the space as part of your UN or PW and thus one or both are then incorrect.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

I've been waiting to see if anybody has experienced this problem, bec I have been getting this error message about incorrect username or password, from several of my client's computers over the last month or so, (seems to be only on Windows 98 machines) and only on those that have renewed their licence.

The crazy thing is that they are still getting their updates!

I've contacted them all and got them to re-type their user names & passwords in (some more than once), but to no avail, the error messages just continue.

In frustration, I have asked some of them to bring their computers to me to uninstall & reinstall NOD32, but immediately it goes for an update, I get the message saying incorrect username or password ... and I KNOW for 100% certain that it is correct.

But even if it wasn't, why do they still continue to receive their updateso_O

something reeeeeeeeally weird is going on and it's driving me crazy, cuz I don't know which of these error messages is real & which is not.

5. Blackspear

Sagittarius, I have just sent off an email to see what can be found out about this issue. Will let you know.

6. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello Sagittarius,

Is it possible to send me one or two of the affected Usernames to test please? If you could send it to support@nod32.com I'll see what I can find out. (Don't worry..... I work for Eset in case you were wondering!)

Bandicoot.
    :D

7. sagittarius

thanks Bandicoot ... it's on it's way
    I wasn't worried, your reputation precedes you ... lol :D

8. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Well for me today, I turned on the PC and tried the new UN/PW again and NOD updated fine. I am using WinXP so maybe I just had to wait as mentioned for the system to be updated. As for emailing ESET on losing a week, well one week will not kill me. Hopefully by next year they will have that worked out. If not I will address it then I guess. Though a thought just occured to me, if I was to use NOD for 52 years and this happened every year, I would lose a whole year by that time :eek:

9. Blackspear

LMAO, you have too much time on your hands to think of such things ;) :D

10. sagittarius

thanks for your help Blackspear ... looking forward to the outcome

:D

11. Blackspear

My pleasure, Bandicoot has the matter at hand, I also look forward to the outcome.

12. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi Sagittarius,

Thanks for sending 4 random Usernames in for me to test. I used all 4 to download a Win98 installer successfully and then I used all 4, to update my NOD32, from each of our servers (we have 4 now.... u5 has just been added in the USA), so that was 16 combinations to check for updates, and everytime it was successful.

It is possible that occasionally one of the servers does not receive our latest UN + PWs as fast as the others. We obviously always recommend users to set "Choose automatically" rather than rely on any one server.

Please let me know here or contact support@nod32.com if your clients are still experiencing problems.

Bandicoot.

(My reputation precedes me!? ....OMG!....Errr..I mean, that's nice to know. Cheers! :D )

13. Blackspear

Well with all that scurrying around the halls of Wilders, we just knew there were varmints about ;) :D

:D :D :D

14. sagittarius

Following up on my exchange of emails with Bandicoot, just letting the forum know that in this instance, the solutions weren't relevant for my clients.
    However I think this is probably due to the specific installations on these computers, which may be contributing to the problem .. but probably not relevant to other NOD32 users (imho) although he may wish to correct me on that?
    so I've sent the young fella off to continue scurrying around the corridors ... lol
    BIG thankyou for your help Bandicoot :D

15. Blackspear

Thanks Sagittarius for keeping us up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.