License Question

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Buttons, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buttons

Buttons Registered Member

I have some questions on Returil System Safe Pro. I'm thinking about purchasing a license, but have some concerns. Is the license specifically for home users? I plan on installing this on my laptop that I use for personal, school and an av company a friend is working on starting that I'm helping with/plan to work for. Will this conflict with the license? I don't have the need for 5 license as I only have one other computer to install on.

Second, are the Home Lux/Enterprise Editions discontinued?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

No, the software is scalable for use on consumer systems through to network deployments with remote management being included as part of the bulk licensing.

We work to retain compatibility between the Virus Guard component and most 1st and 2nd tier antivirus solutions. Part of this is toi ensure that potential customers do not end up in a situation where they would have to decide between current licensing commitments and the adoption of Returnil System Safe. There are some know issues though that you should be aware of:

1. Some security applications and/or features may interfere with proper installation/uninstallation and functioning of RSS so order of install can be an important consideration. If you have any issues, try uninstalling your other AV/AM?HIPS/ etc programs, install RSS 2011, and then reinstall the other programs you want to keep one at a time. This is both to judge compatibility and to keep the environment as simple as possible while you judge the results of each addition to your security strategy.

No and yes. The Lux and Enterprise editions continue when you upgrade in place from an RVS 2010 client to and RSS 2011 client. What you will see is an RSS formatted GUI with the designation of "LUX" or "Enterprise 'X'" in the upper right corner. RSS 2011 however is a direct upgrade path and continues the version/buils progression of the earlier RVS 2010 series (3.1x as opposed to the RSS 3.2x series).

Mike

3. Buttons

Buttons Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Apologies if I was a bit harsh on the other forum. Lately I have been rather aggressive.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

No problem and welcome to the forums :)

The only bad question is the one you don't ask...

Kind Regards
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.