License Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by drahnier, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drahnier

drahnier Guest

I did install SB3.1 on XP Pro system under account with admin priviledges. I could then use SB both under the administrative and a regular user account just fine. I did not purchase a license. ANd according to the Licence Agreement I don't need to. Until today everything was fine.

But today I updated the database (using the admin account) and now, when I start SB as regular user it spits out a dialog box:

"Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account."

Questions:
    a) Why was I able to use SB under both accounts prior to this update just fine?
    b) What has changed so that I see this message?
    c) What is the exact licence under a multiple user XP? Per user or per machine?
    d) What to do to get back initial functionality?

________
    drahnier

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i think its best if u install spyware blaster on each account, as it deals with alot of "per user" settings

just try installing it on each account u use, good luck :D

i believe the liscense is for per machine

3. drahnier

drahnier Guest

Well, think twice: The program can only be installed under an account with administrative priviledges (This is an requirement of the installer used). It would be an extremly poor design if I need to temporarily give ordinary users administrative priviledges to install this program. Also: As I said, it has worked before the latest database update, so there must be something else causing this malfunctioning.

Otoh: Of course, SB needs to be run by each (restricted) user to get the "per user" settings applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.