License and Upgrade from p2 to p3?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by JerryM, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When the P3 comes out of Beta, will I have to purchase a new license, or just update/upgrade on my present license?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

No, you don't need to purchase a new licence. Your serial will be still valid.

Frederic

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Frederic,
    Thanks, that is good to know.
    Jerry

4. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Will there be any charge for updating/upgrading from 2 to 3?
    I was considering buying LNS but would wait for 3 if there is any charge.

I appreciate that the same serial number can be used and that it won't be necessary to purchase a new license. Does this definitely mean that there will be no charge of any description for current license holders of version 2?..............Howard:)

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

At the present time, there is no extra charge for upgrading from within version 2. i.e. 2.05 to 2.06.

But, for license holders, there will be a reduced charge for a major upgrade (to version 3). This is standard procedure for most software.

However, from the speed of new releases I would think the chances of version 3 appearing soon are remote.

Therefore, if you are interested in buying LNS, I would consider purchasing now ;)

6. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Many thanks for the reply Blackcat. I just got an email back from the LNS team this morning that confirmed exactly what you said - that there would be a "significant discount" for registered users of version two who upgraded from version two to version three.

Having said that, they confirmed that there doesn't seem to be any plans to release a new version three in the short term future which you also stated.................Howard:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.