License and Upgrade from p2 to p3?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by JerryM, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

    JerryM Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2003
    Posts:
    4,221
    When the P3 comes out of Beta, will I have to purchase a new license, or just update/upgrade on my present license?

    Thanks,
    Jerry
     
  2. Frederic

    Frederic LnS Developer

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2003
    Posts:
    4,354
    Location:
    France
    No, you don't need to purchase a new licence. Your serial will be still valid.

    Frederic
     
  3. JerryM

    JerryM Registered Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2003
    Posts:
    4,221
    Frederic,
    Thanks, that is good to know.
    Jerry
     
  4. zoril

    zoril Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Posts:
    243
    Will there be any charge for updating/upgrading from 2 to 3?
    I was considering buying LNS but would wait for 3 if there is any charge.

    I appreciate that the same serial number can be used and that it won't be necessary to purchase a new license. Does this definitely mean that there will be no charge of any description for current license holders of version 2?..............Howard:)
     
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  5. Blackcat

    Blackcat Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Posts:
    4,010
    Location:
    Christchurch, UK
    At the present time, there is no extra charge for upgrading from within version 2. i.e. 2.05 to 2.06.

    But, for license holders, there will be a reduced charge for a major upgrade (to version 3). This is standard procedure for most software.

    However, from the speed of new releases I would think the chances of version 3 appearing soon are remote.

    Therefore, if you are interested in buying LNS, I would consider purchasing now ;)
     
  6. zoril

    zoril Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Posts:
    243
    Many thanks for the reply Blackcat. I just got an email back from the LNS team this morning that confirmed exactly what you said - that there would be a "significant discount" for registered users of version two who upgraded from version two to version three.

    Having said that, they confirmed that there doesn't seem to be any plans to release a new version three in the short term future which you also stated.................Howard:)
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.