Licence Info

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by greenhorn113, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

If using ESS on a standalone office pc, one of only 3 in the work place and the only one with an internet connection, despite being a business pc is the Home Office licence applicable, I should stress that it is a cabled DSL connection.

Will an Eset moderator please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Greenhorn113o_O

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Being in the environment you are in, a home license will suffice. Now, if you wanted your other 2 computers to get updates from the one computer that is connected to the internet, you would need the business edition license. Then, you could create an update mirror and point the other 2 computers at it to get their updates.

HTH :)

3. greenhorn113

Hi Capp,

Thanks I hoped/thought that would be the case, but the other computers have no need for security software being totally offline and used for secretarial purposes ie word processing etc.

One more question, If I was also to use the ESS suite on my home computer would a 3 pc home license suffice?

Regards,
    GH113.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

IF you purchase an 3-user licenses of ESS, you can put the 3 licenses on any computer you want.

so, if you purchase them, put 1 in your office, 1 in your home and the 3rd wherever you want.

5. greenhorn113

Thanks Capp, the clarification is much appreciated.

Regards,
    GH113:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.