Lenoveo T61p and the service partition

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by lukasz4k, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukasz4k

lukasz4k Registered Member

I'm trying to create create a standard image using Snap Deploy for our Lenovo laptops. Problem is hat these days all Lenovo laptops come with the service partition. I'd like to say that Snap Deploy and Lenovo service partitions don't mix but maybe there is a way to get it working.

Yes, an easy way would be simply take out the service partition and push the image to the entire disk but but my company is actually using it for remote users.

I've attempted to create an image of the entire disk (including service partition) and push is to another Lenovo computer (with exact same configuration; same hard drive size) using Snap Deploy without luck. Push process went fine however when I try to boot into service partition, it's not working. I can access Windows XP just fine.

I've received a copy of True Image that allows me to take an image of a single partition and restore that image to a single partition but this is not the way to do it when there are 50 computers waiting to receive an image.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.