Leapfrog People are the Greatest!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by SourMilk, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ok,thanks I see the differnce know.To gain the added benefits, I would have to update to the server edition at $295 :eek:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Based on the screens, I have seen at the website of HDS, the server edition is LESS than the real FDISR.
    It has also 2 snapshots, which wouldn't be a problem for me, because I also use 2 snapshots in the real FDISR. However having extra snapshots can be usefull for other users like Acadia.

It has also archives, which is very unique in FDISR, because no other ISR-software has archives. Keep in mind that archives are not like images, they are a real part of immediate system recovery and can be also used in a boot-to-restore solution, if you use a frozen snapshot.
    Images are very good and as reliable as archives, but rather slow and inconvenient as recovery solution and can't be used in a boot-to-restore solution either.
    My boot-to-restore cleans and repairs my computer automatically and that saves me alot of time : no scanners, no registry/history/junk cleaners, no uninstalling of tested softwares and no technical problems anymore.

I couldn't find the functions : Freeze, Unfreeze and Freeze Previous and that makes a boot-to-restore solution impossible.
    It also means that you can't use the server edition like DeepFreeze, Returnil, ShadowDefender, which are all using a frozen mode, because there is no frozen mode anymore in FDISR PC Rescue Server.

I couldn't find schedules either in order to make copy/updates between snapshots and archives more convenient.
    The schedules in the real FDISR aren't practical either, but they could have been improved, it just didn't happen.
    The real FDISR has only time schedules and doesn't offer schedules on demand and that's why nobody used them. A step further would be a schedule option, that makes a copy/update possible during reboot and that would make a boot-to-restore possible again and might be a replacement for the freeze function (not entirely).

In other words you pay $295 for getting less and the convenience is gone, you have to do everything manually regarding copy/updates.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Point taken Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.