leaktester.com...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

how should i take thier results do you all think these are fair and acurate or are they biased and somewhat misleading?? i run kerio 4 currently and did all of their tests and found a lot that kerio would fail on. as they said in thier reviews. is lns and zone really that much better than kerio? i really do not like zone very much and i do not mean that in any offense to anyone here. i have never played with look n stop as most reviewers said it was not that great of a program. i am looking now to an alternative to kerio because a) really high ram use 25+ mb sometimes even over 30, b) fails quite a few of these tests that i have ran. i do have experience with setup i have used kerio 2 and tiny prior so i am not worried about that. something with hopefully low resources as my pos sale computers onlu utilize 256mb ram and with 6 of them i dont really want to upgrae them all. thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Which site are you referring to? "leaktester.com" refers to testing equipment for physical leak analysis. I'm assuming therefore you are talking about this site then:

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

4. zfactor

i understand that i meant no offense at all i hope it was not taken that way. i am just looking for a solid firewall that uses low resources because of my pos comps. you reccomend lns, which i have not played with as of this time i may try it. my main question was in reference to the testing done here on how accurate it was so i did not have to go down the list of every firewall out there and install and uninstall all of them which i hate doing. i hope i cleared that up. you really like lns though?? how are your feelings of kerio? thanks

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Get Kerio 2.15 with BZ rule and Winsonar, both are free and you will pass all the tests.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've been using LnS for a while now, and the more I use it the more I like it. If you load up Phant0m's ruleset you might have to tweak the rules a little, but otherwise it's really not all that difficult. It's a very lightweight and focused firewall. Also, with the new beta driver (very stable), LnS will stop all leaktests. :)

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Kerio 2.15 and LnS are both very light . I prefer the latest Kerio but , only a personal opinion . As opposed to 2.15 . LnS is excellent at what it does and is light .

8. zfactor

how light would one say lns and kerio 2 when compared to kerio 4 is it really that huge? worth looking for a lighter program even or will it be a minimalistic difference. how is lns to uninstall if i try it out and want to uninstall it?? i had my days with zone i dont want to go through that again!!! not that zone was bad but my god to get rid of all of it was a pain!! thanks all here are really great i enjoy this forum much more than others

9. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

LnS is easier to uninstall than ZA . Anything is easier than that . lol . 2.15 is alot lighter than 4.xx . LnS and 2.15 are very close . If it were me , only an opinion , I would choose LnS between the two . I just have a problem with going far back in time to use 2.15 . Because it is old does not make it bad . I just would rather use the 4.xx . I liked the 4 version . Heavier yes . But , in my opinion , a bit better but , with a few bugs . May be worked out now . Resource load difference between 2 and 4 is a big one . LnS and 2 is minimal . Hope that helps .

10. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

It seems someone running ZA and LnS concurrently would be COMPLETELY safe from ALL leaktests!!
    So... I'm thinking of revving up that ZA v4.5 Pro trial....
    whadaya think?
    Any compatibility issues I shud know about?

11. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

~bumpity bump~

Does any other firewall except those mentioned get wallbreaker?

anyone notice any issues with LnS + Outpost pro o_O

12. Arup

Arup Guest

Jetico latest blocks Wallbreaker on my machine, all the four tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.