Layered Hidden Window error on shutdown?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mark7, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this with TI 8 or Privacy Expert 7?

Quite often when I shut down I get a popup window that says "End Program - Layered Hidden Window", with option to cancel or end program. Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing...

I've only seen this on my system since installing latest TI 8 build, so I'm curious if it is related to the scheduler service or something.. I have Privacy Expert scheduled to clean out my Internet temp files on shutdown.

Security scans yield no detected virus or spyware.

TIA

2. ...

... Guest

Hey There. I got this message too and I have neither of the mentioned programs installed. Wierd, Im trying to fix it.

3. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

That little window, Ending Program, has a title bar at the top and it very briefly names the program. I have XP Pro and get it on occasion but it's always due to SpySweeper 3.5.1 failing to let go as I restart or shut down.

It has no relation to TrueImage8 being installed on my system because I got it before I bought TI8.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mark7 and ...,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create a screenshot of the error message you get and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.