lavasoft support

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by dread, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chew

chew Registered Member

Hi Corrine & Option Explicit if you're around (yes, I remember your name now),

I would like to thank you and Option Explicit for trying to help me get rid of the VX2 malware in the past ... well, the problem was not solved at that time and my friend IE browser was totally unusable for nearly a year until last month or two.

It just suddenly worked! yes, just suddenly worked. No idea how or why but it did. Everything is fine now.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Chew

2. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

You're welcome chew.

Option^Explicit is around about someplace, although I haven't seen him in a while. Perhaps he is creating more great tools for our use in helping the users.

3. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Correct..if you have a paid version of Adaware you can use that service. ;)

5. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Hi, polyglory. The Customer Care Center isn't new. AFAIK it is for Plus & Pro license holders.

<Edit note: Primrose always manages to be 2 steps ahead of me -- or in this case, 2 minutes. :lol: >

6. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

" On each anniversary of your initial purchase, you will be required to pay the yearly maintenance and support fee to continue receiving the same updates/upgrades the following year. You will be notified of the maintenance fee through an e-mail that will be sent to you. The e-mail will include product information and payment details.

The yearly Maintenance and support fee is based on 35% of the full retail price. Please do not include the fee in your purchase. "

7. mismis29

mismis29 Registered Member

Hi all,

I just tried to access Lavasoft support for the first time in quite awhile, and I can't get into their support forums. I have been reading countless posts regarding this problem, and I was wondering if the forums were up and running yet. If so, why can't I access them? Everytime I click on the link
    lavasoftsupport.com, I am always redirected to the Lavasoft homepage, lavasoft.de ; as well as "URL NOT FOUND". and "404 Not Found".

I have tried dns flush as one poster suggested, but that didn't help. Is the problem on my end?

I don't really need any specific help at this point, but it would be nice if I could access the support forums if I needed to.

Thanx.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

There aren't any forums unless you are a paid customer. That is regardless of the fact that the latest free version has a link to the forums and says you get support in the forums. Not true.

9. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Hi, mismis29. Lavasoft shut down the support forums over 2 months ago for a "software upgrade". They never reopened! Support for the Personal version of Ad-Aware SE is available to the extent we can provide it at a few sites. If you do run into a problem and need help, most of the good people here at Wilders know how to track me down. :D

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I go way back with Adaware purchasing the Plus Version for about $20, I think. Still use it, rarely the AdWatch feature.

Slowly but surely I am seeing less and less value in this product as others get more and more into this area. Also other free products like Spy Bot imho are doing a better job in the free category. This support issue is just another nail in the cofin for me. :'(

11. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Indeed, I understand where you are coming from. Some time ago, Paul invited Mike Wood here to respond to issues raised. It seems Mike's job has expanded from Sales to Research, which of late seems to involve making the rounds of the forums (Could he be looking for submissions? I would expect that without the forums submissions are way down.) Perhaps Mike will make it here yet (but don't hold your breath).

12. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Thats true. Stronly agree with you. I will no renew my licence as i can see better choices than adware. Also dont use Ad-watch.

13. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I agree with mercurie

I had Ad-aware Plus but stopped using Ad-watch as the site list could no longer be updated and I did miss the forum. I had a problem uninstalling last week to install the new version of Ad-aware 'install log' could not be opened. I had to go through things manually and have now ended up without Ad-aware re-installed as I didn't want this to happen to me again. I was only going to re-install the free one given I didn't use Ad-watch. Having the forum there at least would have helped me search and ask rather than having to register at yet another forum to ask why :'(

14. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

And as i remember the last 3 months, Adware couldnt help me a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.