Lavasoft AdAware 2006 ???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mikel108, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I was on the Lavasoft site and in one description for the VX2 cleaner they kept refering to Ad-Aware 2006. Does anyone know anything about what is planned ?? Have they started beta testing a new product??

Regards,
    Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im very much interested in this new version, btw does anybody know what happened to their forums?

3. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Hi, Mike. All I heard when I helped at Lavasoft was the name (at that time I believe it was called Ad-Aware 2005) and that it is a complete redesign. If the new VX2 cleaner is any evidence of the capabilities of the next version, it will be a major success. (The new VX2 cleaner plus an AAW Smart Scan successfully removes nail.exe.) The only application available for beta testing at this time is still the VX2 cleaner. I guess it was just left on the beta application webpage.

@WSFuser -- there was a problem, the forums were taken down for a software upgrade and apparently the decision was made not to return. From bits & pieces I've put together through hindsight, I think the long-range plan was to shut down the forums. It just happened sooner than expected.

You can still find the former Team Lavasoft volunteers at the various security forums (here, SpyWare BeWare, Kill Spyware, CARMA, CCSP, BBR, GSF, MYPC, SWI, N-I) as well as our "home" at LandzDown Forum where we are known as "LandzDown Team" instead of Team Lavasoft. Although at LzD, we are not limited to the tools we can use and encourage posters to use more than one antispyware software. :)

4. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Corrine. It's always good to know that there is a dedicated bunch willing to provide assistance.

I really like the program. Ad-Watch does what it has to do with-out a lot of fuss, and with little resources. This is a plus for someone like me who has to maintain a computer that 3 others use(all who could care less about security).

Take Care,
    Mike

5. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

You're welcome, Mike.

As I expect you've seen, it doesn't matter the field of specialization, the members of the security community are all very dedicated!

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

7. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.