latest windows 7 32 bit update crashes pc???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by taleblou, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to update my win 7 32bit home edition the day before yesterday and after windows updated and reboot the pc I got boot error and my pc crashed? and would not boot up. SO luckily I had rollback rx and used a good snapshot to return to.

Did this happen to anyone else? Did anyone get a a boot error black screen of death after updatingo_O

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

do you remember what update? error message? any errors or warnings in event viewer log?

3. taleblou

Hi:

well when I checked win updates, it showed 7 updates critical. I always keep my windows updated. SO I let the windows update them and when it asked for reboot I clicked yes and the pc turned off and on and then the black screen of death where at the bottom of the page said something about boot up failure and a bunch of zeros and numberso_O. Every since that I have turned win update off.

Maybe I will try it one more time and write down the important part of error if it happened, since I have Rollback RX to go back to a good snapshot. Will let you know.

4. taleblou

Hi:

Well i tried it again and this time I disabled avira antivir internet security 2012 and kingsoft pc doctor 3.3 and updated the windows. From the updates I did not choose windows malicious program scanning update (hide it) and chose the other 6 important updates and all was installed fine and no issues. So maybe it could be the avira or kingsoft pc doctor that caused the issue??

Anyway its all good now.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Most probably the security software interfered on this occasion. Good that is all good and updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.