Latest Win Update not allowing to connect to Internet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Don't know why this is but the latest windows update has firefox unable to connect to any sites. I'm able to open FF but it won't connect to my firefox/google start page. I was only able to connect to a site after I un-installed it. I believe there was an update to the Malicious Software Removal Tool as well. Any thoughts on why it did this?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The answer to that is more than likely contained in this thread if your "ZAFree" version is the one affected.

3. bgfalconboy

Well I just upgraded to ZA free version 4.473.000 and it didn't work, still can't connect with that latest update installed , have to uninstall to get firefox to connect. So I'm at a loss at the moment.

4. bgfalconboy

Oops didn't realize that wasn't the absolute latest release of ZA free. ZA 4.483.000 is latest one. Will try that and see if it works.

5. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I think you mean ZA free version 7.0.483.0 is the latest one.

6. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I had a similar problem when WinUpdate decided to update my Realtek driver. Could not connect to wireless network at all until I finally rolled back to an older one.

FYI, just in case that was an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.