Latest version?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by robin58, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin58

robin58 Registered Member

According to the update screen, the latest version is 5.0.95.0 yet everything in my ESET NOD32 folder shows 5.0.94.0 and this despite several uninstalls and reinstalls. FWIW although I've only posted the GUI version, every file including the dll's show version 94 still. Exactly how does on "force" an update or is there really no 95 version?

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is important to look at the version number in GUI. Particular components can show a different versioning.

3. robin58

robin58 Registered Member

Not quite sure I understand you. Where precisely would you like me to check the version number? The GUI tells me 95, EVERY exe file in the Program Folder tells me it is 94. In other words, WHICH component does the GUI verify for its version number? The picture I posted shows the egui.exe version. Are you saying this is not what it checks? The ONLY file in the entire Program File folder I can find that says it is 5.0.95.0 is in the Eset/ESET NOD 32 Antivirus/x86 subfolder and is EkrnAmon.dll (I'm running W7 Ent - 64 Bit)

Is this really the only "95" file?

BTW I am not the only one seeing this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2012106&postcount=150

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

It is on my machines. Keep in mind that, according to the changelog, the only change between .94 and .95 was:

Fix: Computer freezes with external USB hard drive installed on Windows XP

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Correct. This was the only change in 5.0.95 so only this particular dll is new. The other binaries are same as in 5.0.94, hence they show the older version info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.