Latest FD

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No comments, you will never understand it. Just let it go. It was never mentioned.

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I get the distinct impression that Erik and Pete disagree on this (and other) issues :D

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I totally agree with you. So if they have one or more competitors, laws of economics will play in other direction and u will see new featres. Let,s just wait.

4. ErikAlbert

Yes indeed, but that doesn't make me angry. I'm familiar with user's attitude toward changes. Most people don't want changes, it scares them. This forum is not a good place to speak about changes. So I removed them.
    I think our wish-list is just for the show. I won't mention any change anymore in this forum. :)

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No anger here either. Erik I am just trying to point out that just because something might appear to be a good idea, doesn't mean it is economically feasible for the vendor. They do have to consider that. Everyone does, if they are going to stay in business.

6. ErikAlbert

Not with small changes. I know by experience when something is difficult or easy to change.
    Each new feature or improved feature makes a software more attractive to users.

Leapfrog/Raxco can't afford to freeze their software, you can't do that if you want to compete. Leapfrog/Raxco is lucky to have almost no competition, but that won't last forever.
    RB/EF is already working on archived snapshots to compete with FDISR, their speed and space is already better than FDISR.
    And there are enough users who prefer RB/EF over FDISR, because of the speed and space.

EDIT :
    They don't have to do all my little changes in one new version. One little change per new version is enough for me, as long there is some progress. But I don't hear anything from Leapfrog/Raxco either about new versions.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  7. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

ErikAlbert

I think that would be a great pity.
    This is a place for people who 'push the envelope' in terms of software set ups and ask hard questions to the various software manufacturers, if only to keep them 'honest' and you're one of those people.
    Just because others don't always immediately see it the same way as you doesn't mean we don't value your views and often come to realise that you're right over time....
    If we don't ask we don't get so I hope you keep the pressure on Leapfrog/Raxco even if I'm not yet convinced of the need for more frozen snapshots.
    Lee

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

How do you know if the Devs aren't working on some of the suggestions? They could well be. I remember suggesting decreasing the snapshot size in the Wish List, and the response was to wait for the next version. They'd obviously been working on compression for some time, but didn't give anything away until it was ready and released.

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I must agree with Tony. I bet the Wish List is the very first thing that LeapFrog looks for when he in checks into the Forum. :cool:

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.