Last Version 3 versus version 4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ddmd, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddmd

ddmd Registered Member

Hi all,
    I'm a longtime user of NOD32 Antivirus Version 2.70 in our half-dozen family computers, and have been very happy with the performance/reliability. I just bought a new laptop and I'm sticking with Windows XP Professional as an OS for now. Tell me if I'm interpreting comments in this forum correctly. My sense is that it's time to upgrade from version 2.70, version 4.0 is still somewhat buggy, and the last build of version 3.0 may be the best one to install right now. Also what is the last version 3.0 build?

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

The latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 is v3.0.684.0 which you can download and install (after purchasing a license) here. A list of changes among the different builds of both v3 and v4 is available here in the changelog. Given the age of v2, and the presense of unfortunate bugs in v4, v3 is probably the best choice right now. That's what I use.

Regards,

Mark.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

if you like v2 i would stay with v3 anti virus only, it's about the closest relative, so to speak, of the great but dated v2. simple, fast, effective and trouble free.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

i would try 4.0 first as you might find it works fine on your config

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I wish teh old days of teh simple, fast, effective and resource free V2 would come back.

I hate v4, but I use it, coz i don't wanna compromise on any supposedly new features :rolleyes:

6. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

Well, first of all if you want better security you should not say no to Vista(or maybe Windows 7). Vista is far more secure by itself than XP. Just something to consider. And on new or fairly new computers(dual core, at least 2GB RAM or more)it runs good, better than XP.

7. piranha

piranha Registered Member

8. ddmd

ddmd Registered Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess the best thing to do is try V4, with its advanced measures to prevent disabling (how much more?) on one of my machines, especially with all the malware around that has been doing this.

9. ddmd

ddmd Registered Member

I downloaded a trial V4 and so far I like it. First scan viewed elements of spysweeper as a Trojan, however. Seems to run pretty light. Doesn't seem to slow down apps or the internet so far. Right now only windows firewall is on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.