Laptop won't boot with CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scully, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Registered Member

Hi all,
    I've created an image of my laptop hard drive by taking it out and putting it in my PC. All went good here. However if I try to boot my laptop from the rescue CD - to test the restore it will not boot in full mode. Safe mode does work. It's a Toshiba Tecra A4 S-313.

In safe mode of course it will not let me see usb or the dvd drive. (I burned the image to dvd on my PC) Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

When I try booting into full mode it hang on the loading. please wait... screen.

Thanks in adv for your help.

Cheers!
    Scully

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

What version and build number is it? Seems like I read that another Toshiba user had a similar problem.

3. Scully

Scully Registered Member

Version 9 latest build just downloaded it a couple of hours ago.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Well, if you just want to test the restore process and don't mind if the restore should happen to fail, put the laptop drive back in the desktop, format it and then do the restore to it while still in the desktop.

Since you have the desktop to fall back on, the fact that the rescue cd will not run in full mode on the laptop doesn't really matter. But it would be nice to get a solution.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's probably my post with a just purchased Toshiba Satellite that hangs at the same place with the Recovery CD for ver 8 (937) and ver 9 (2302).

I used PowerQuest PQ magic to partition the hard drive to provide a second partition, FAT32, to store backup images since the USB drive wasn't available with the safe version of the TI boot CD.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.