Laptop Suggestions

Discussion in 'hardware' started by firzen771, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

alright so i think ive narrowed it down to the Sager NP2180, the only problem is that i wish i knew what its battery life is like, but i can't really find any solid reviews of that laptop. Or ill go with the m11x since it seems to be the best all rounder, just size is my only issue with it, 11.6 inches seems like it may be just slightly too small.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

My personal opinion is to go for the larger screen. Portability in netbooks is great, screen size is not.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye thats what i was thinking, and just incase anyone is curious on the specs of the Sager laptop the way i configured it, here it is:

Display: 15.6" Full HD LED Display with Super Glossy Surface (1920 x 1080)

Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY HD 5650 Graphics with 1GB GDDR3

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor (32nm, 3MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz)

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 X 2GB

Hard Drive: 500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

Optical Drive: 8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software

Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module

Battery: Smart Li-ION Battery (6 Cells)

so i have 2 questions, first of all, the default wireless card just says regular internal wireless card, does the intel centrino wireless card provide any real benefits over a default one?

and 2nd, looking at those specs, any estimates on what battery life may be like?

4. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I repair laptops DELL, Compaq, HP, IBM and Toshiba plus some clones, but if your in the market and have access to HSN and not QVC (over price their HP and Acer laptops to the hill) HSN has some very good Gateway NV series was selling for $699 with a blue-ray, HD 1080p LED/LCD, 4GB , 320GB HDD Dual Core. They had the latest model top of the line Acer/Gateway for $729 with Intel icore 3. I got the AMD II X2 M300 is very quick, 802.11g/n wireless, 10/100/1000 wired, HDMI, over 4 USB ports and it's lite. 15.6 screen. I also got the wife the Acer 17.3 that has Dolby Theater Surround Sound that only cost me $649 off them too. That's huge system same specs just doesn't have Blue-Ray (DVDRW/CDRW). HSN doesn't charge tax if you order the unit online. Still something to consider, but other than them Amazon. I can't recommend NewEgg if you return an item they still get you with 15% restocking fee and plus you got to buy the UPS label from them before you can RMA the item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.