Laptop problem with boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by barrystuttard, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrystuttard

barrystuttard Registered Member

If I try to use the emergency boot CD for TI8 on my laptop PC I have a problem because the touchpad mouse doesn't work. I have no PS2 mouse socket and a USB mouse doesn't work. There don't seem to be any keyboard shortcuts. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution? The same problem exists with Acronis Disk Director.

Barry

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Keyboard shortcuts work fine for me. There should be no reason that you can't create an image without a mouse. Using a combination of Tab, Enter, and Alt+<Key> gets you all the functionality you need.

3. barrystuttard

The tab key is what I had missed. On first booting the mouse pointer appeared at mid screen. It let me move it a couple of inches then froze. I tabbed round the items and selected with Enter. Then the mouse pointer re-appeared and I was able to use it for the rest of the process. Seems a bit hit and miss but I can live with it. Thanks for the help.

Barry

4. jos2

jos2 Guest

I've had the same problem on my thinkpad laptop. No mouse support (i.e. trackpoint) when I booted from the CD. While navigation with short cuts seemed possible the response time was very slow and I was unsure if my computer was responding or not. I wrote tech support an email with the system report 4 days ago and I still have not heard any response other than the original cofirmation of receipt email. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to address it?

5. barrystuttard

Here's what I had from Acronis:

Could you please press the F11 key when "Starting Acronis Loader" message appears and then add the words "acpi=off noapic"?

Also Could you please download the latest updates (buld 768 and 508 for Acronis True Image 8.0 and ADDS 9.0 respectively) available at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/ and install it? In order to do that you have to pass through the registration process at our website: www.acronis.com/registration.

In case of failure please do the following:

- Create bootable CD;
    - Press the F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader" appears;
    - Remove the 'quiet' keyword;
    - Boot the computer via the CD and write down or use digital camera to make a shot of the last output screen with special attention being paid for any error messages or warnings.

Please note that you can use Ctrl+S/Ctrl+Q or Scroll Lock button to suspend/resume loading and Shift+PgUp/Shift+PgDn to scroll the screen manually. This information will let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

After a little practice I got the F11 suggestion to work but could neither add nor delete text in the command line. I'm waiting for a further response on what to try next though I have made progress, see above.

Barry

6. chriscalvert

chriscalvert Registered Member

I have also had issues with mouse recognition with both V7 and V8 on notebooks and PC's. Ghost doesn't have a mouse problem so I am not sure why TI does. Currently V7 build 627 works with most PC's. Can't comment on V8 yet since I am having trouble creating a bootable CD using Nero. Still under investigation by Acronis. Incidentally I am on my second V8 build because the first wanted to take 15 hours to perform a backup. TI is still a work in progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.