Laptop imploding!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Soul Auctioneer, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

Earlier today I tried to install sp2 for windows xp home,but for some reason(probably me) it was interupted and then a message came up saying that my system was unstable and to remove the sp2.

This I did,but when I rebooted my account came up as password protected,I tried all my paswords but none work,so I can't log on.I managed to log on using f8/use last known good settings but it takes an age,I checked the password status on my account and it is off,but when I rebooted it came up password protected.aagh!

I managed to log on after it didn't recognise my name and logged me on as default user,I can't turn it off though cos it'll go back to password protected.

Explorer keeps crashing and there are files missing from media player and the recovery programme so they don't work either,my laptop seems to be curling up and dying in front of me.

Is there anywhere I can re install missing windows files or have a scan to see the state of my windows.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,Neil.

2. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Have you tried System Restore.

3. Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah tried that,all the system tools are missing,all the links are missing from the start menu,favourites are not stored in IE,the recovery system says 'run time error 53 no file found'.

I even tried recovery system via reboot+f11 but to no avail.

I lost system tools once before and was given a link to get them back from Microsoft but I've looked around the ms dld site and I can't find anything there and I can't find a direct link to sp2 either.

I'm just off to pull a bit more of my hair out.

Cheers,Neil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.